What is Pupil Premium funding?
Pupil Premium funding from the government is given to schools to help pupils reach their full potential, regardless of their background or financial situation. It’s provided for pupils who:
- Are registered for free school meals
- Have been registered for free school meals at any point in the past 6 years
- Are, or have been, in care
- Have parents in the armed forces
Is my child eligible for free school meals?
Your child might be eligible if you access:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
Find out how we have spent the Pupil Premium Grant last year at Warren and how we plan to spend the premium this year in order to improve outcomes for eligible pupils.